PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND CONSENT
Lablink (M) Sdn Bhd (Lablink) is subject to the personal data protection principles under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereafter referred to as PDPA) with effect from 15 November 2013, which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions.
We believe that making you aware of how we use your personal data as defined under PDPA and to whom it is disclosed, will form the basis for a relationship of trust between us the patients/clients that we serve. This Privacy Statement applies to any person whose personal data is being processed by Lablink We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time consistent with applicable privacy laws.
Our Policies on Personal Data Security and Protection of Confidentiality
The security of your personal data is our top priority. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data from unauthorised access or intrusion. We limit access to the personal data only to those employees who need such access in connection with providing products or services to you or for other legitimate business purposes.
It is obligatory that you supply us with your personal data. If you fail to supply us with such personal data, we may not be able to process and/or disclose your data for the following purposes, where relevant:-
- For medical and healthcare services
- For Laboratory investigation and testing
- To facilitate the patient personal needs
- To establish and manage medical records and medical reports
- To facilitate payment process relating to patients
- To institute debt recovery proceedings against defaulters
- To report the personal data to the relevant authorities and/or third parties under the governing laws relevant to the healthcare industry
- To share the personal data with KPJ healthcare Berhad and its related companies as defined in the companies act. 1965
- To conduct research, analysis and improvement
- To market and advertise products and services
- To administer and respond to request, queries, complaint and legal issues
- For education and training
- For any other purpose that is incidental or in furtherance to the above purposes.
In the course of our business, we may collect your personal data from various sources, including information you have provided us, information from third parties and information in the public domain.
Your personal data processed by us may include, where relevant:- name, date of birth, identity card or passport, name of employer/company, home and office address, telephone/handphone number, facsimile number, email address, occupation, age, gender, marital status, weight, height, photos, race, nationality, religion, family and/or next of kin information, medical checkup result, medical record, Medical Report Number (MRN), medical report, pathology report, diagnosis, personal health information, criminal history, investigation result, insurance details and any other personal data required for the purposes set out in item.
Our Policies and Practices on Disclosure of Personal Data
Your personal data may be disclosed to the following parties, where relevant:-
- Healthcare professional (as defined in PDPA)
- KPJ Healthcare Berhad and its related companies (as defined under CA 1965)
- Government agencies, local authorities and non-government agencies
- Reference Laboratories
- Paying and insurance agents
- Debt collection authorities and agencies
- Financial institutions
- Legal firms
- Other private and public hospitals
- Other healthcare providers
- Training providers
- Family and next of kin
- To such parties as may be required by law, court, regulatory or legal process to disclose
- To such parties as may be permitted under the laws of Malaysia
- Any other person which Lablink may deem necessary.
Access and Update the Personal Data
We shall do our best to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate, not misleading and up to date. If there are any changes to your personal data or if you believe that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up to date, please contact us so that we may take steps to update your personal data.
You have the rights to access your personal data. If you would like to request access to your personal data, please contact us. We recommend that your request for access to your personal data held by Lablink be made in writing. We may also take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request for access to your personal data.
In accordance with PDPA:
- Depending on the information requested, we may charge a fee as stipulated in the First Schedule (Regulation 2) of Personal Data Protection (Fees) Regulations 2013 for processing your request for access; and
- We may refuse to comply with your request to access or make a correction in accordance with PDPA
How to Contact Us
Please contact us by using any of the following modes if you have any queries or feedbacks in respect of your personal data:-
Lablink (M) Sdn Bhd
14 (129) Jln. Pahang Barat, Off Jln. Pahang
53000 Kuala Lumpur
Attention: Head of Public Relations & Customer Service
Telephone Number: 603-4023 4588 Facsimile: 603-40234298
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org